Thursday, March 27, 2008

Succeed By 25? Possible?

I've been telling people out there that succeed by 25 is my target for the time being. I do consult a lot of professionals and finance counsellors and received a lot of feedbacks, good or bad. However, 80% of the feedbacks are "Can you?"; "Nah you gonna be kidding me..."; "It's very difficult...." and so on.

Despite what they say, succeed by 25 is still the goal I want to achieve for the moment.

Ask me to define "Success"? According to my friendster profile, it does like:


Maybe at this moment you would have the thought "kok fai kok fai, don't set something which is too high/unachievable as your aim." I don't blame you, because since I've stepped into my 19th years, I've been in doubt whethere I manage to hit it or not. However, the strategy on how to hit my goal always linger around my mind.

Try to calculate, I am in my late 20th this year (before 14/10), and I'll be completed my degree course in year 2010, which I'll be 22-year-old by that time. The question rises...


AM I ABLE TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING IN JUST THREE YEARS TIME?


Honest speaking, I DOUBT! I have TOTALLY no idea how am I gonna start since there's no capital for me to start a business. However, that doesn't mean I will give up. All the while profit making business plans have been going through my mind. Which I think could be profitable.

If you do not know about this fact, college/university students nowadays, can already start working as an adult. For instance, I have so much free time to work as a part timer but I think that doesn't help in long term. AND I'm telling you I DO HAVE A BUSINESS BRAIN!

But....
NO CAPITAL... HOW?

This are the things that I have to consider... Sigh~

DOes anyone want to hire me?~

6 comments:

chewy_cheryl said...

good good :) its great to hear that u have got ur own goal rather than those who live till 30s without knowing whats next.me too have a goal myself :) i want to be successful and be able to support my family 3 years after i graduate.its not the result that is important but the process.every single step is the courage that u take, the lesson that u learn. i always believe that experience is something special,much more valuable than monetary.so dont give up when u fall,stand up and said its ok,i know i can.whatever happen,i'll b here to pull u back on track when u r lost.goodluck!

-Kok Fai- said...

Ya indeed there are many people I've came across during my work, and they are exactly like what u said, without knowing what they want in life. I swore to myself that I'm not gonna be like any of them! I do agree with you that process is the key as we, being a human, do learn thru what we experience, and we gain everytime we overcome a challenge.

ANyway, i still need to thank you for being so supportive. Me too will be supporting on your goal. Let's work hard for it :)

-hanz- said...

Well, venturing into a business of your own is not the only way you can be successful my friend. Three-years is still a long period. Anything can happen. Some industires pay you very high and I meant those legal ones. Not illegal lah.

At the age of 25, be it a success or failure, you've gained so much. You're a successful person by then.

Oh, i like the your first criteria in your list. 'Purchase something without looking at the price tags'.

-Kok Fai- said...

han, you know what? I do think the fastest way you're talking about is by multi level marketing. Which i had experienced before haha... So far I think, if really want to succeed by 25 LEGALLY, ignore by luck or by fate, the fastest way is still through direct sales. =X

Anonymous said...

that's so nice to hear that you have big plan for your life. you are my only friend who says want to be a successful person. with a goal, you will have the motivation and strength to solve every problems and go through it. I'm sure you will be a very successful person one day, just don't know when it is. I believe you can do it! honestly!
I also want to be a succesful person: buy a bigger house for my parents, buy things without looking at price tags, can join whatever activities i want, and my children won't be worrying about finance (don't suffer what i am facing now). Thus, after i am qualifed as a nurse, i will be working overseas to earn thousands ringgit back to Malaysia. I'm sure i will be a successful person!
Jia you!

Anonymous said...

I hope, it's OK