Friday, September 25, 2009

How would you rank them?

Money, Friends, Family, Love, Career

How would you rank them?
But before we rank them, let's give some definitions to each (at least myself)
Money - the root of all evil! You need to to buy foods, drinks, shelters, daily needs. Basically you can't live without it. SO do I!
Friends - Friends can be categorized as well. Don't believe? You may have HI-BYE friends, you may have friends that only CALL YOU WHEN THEY NEED YOU, you may have friends that always yumchar with you, you may have friends that listen to you when you're down, you may also have friends that really give u a hand when you need them, so called true friends. But how many true friends do you have? I'm referring to true friends here.
Family - of course, they are your love ones. (Maybe for some they are not...?) Your mum, your dad, your siblings, that you care, or even hate... But no matter what, they are your family. Here, of coz, I am referring to my mum and my sister.
Love - love... I can't really define this term,. There wouldn't be so many suicide cases (because of love) every year if one can really understand it. For me, I am single now. So...
Career - Talk about career... Eh, what is exactly a "career"? I can't really define it... your job? your occupation? According to Oxford English Dictionary, it is "an individual's course or progress through life (or a distinct portion of life)" But to me everyone needs a career. That's where you get your source of income, your satisfaction, your lessons etc.
"How would you rank them?"
This question has been running in my head since few years back. Believe me, it's NEVER EASY to rank them, and some of you would think that it's kinda pointless to rank them right?
Afterall, ranking them allows you to see what you really want in your life. But that doesn't mean that the placing means one is more important or less important. To me they are ALL EQUAL.
Through out the years, the ranking somehow switched places. However, at this point of time... I would rank my family in 1st place, as always!
1st: Family!
To those who know me... you know that I am considered as a single parent kid. My mum brought me up ALONE! She went to work, from morning till late night, earning money to support me in my education, my living... until what I am now. She stopped working few years back due to an eye disease known as Glaucoma. So being her son, I really appreciate on what she has done for me. I always tell myself that I have to repay my mum. That's why since Form5, a lot of decisions made (my education, my thought, my behaviors) somehow influenced by her. I won't deny till now she is still very influential in many decisions I make. She has made the Kok Fai today, that you know. Thanks mum.
(Bringing my mum for a world tour is always my dream)
2nd: Career
Ya career.... I want career so much. I want money i want money! More and more money! Eh? Then why don't I put money as the second place? It's simple. Because other than money, I expect more recognition (self actualization) from my career. Asking me to be an accountant or an office boy with monthly income of 5k is somewhat attractive, but I WILL NOT pick up this occupation because myself cannot be actualized.
I often tell myself and friends around me that I want to be succeed by the age of 25, because I really want to! I want to be different. I always believe I have the capabilities to make things so different than they should. If Mark Zuckerberg can be billionaire at the age of 24, why not me?

And why would I want career so much... Part of it also because of my mum. I promise myself that I want to give her a prosperous retirement. And I really demand recognition, because being a parent, there's nothing more than seeing your kids grown up and being successful as they can... Isn't it?
3rd: Money
NO money no talk! This is the reality. With money, you can do almost EVERYTHING in a developed country. YES, it's really EVERYTHING, even crimes also... No problem la!~
Don't agree with me? How many of you have the experience of being caught by police? So would you say "Give me SAMAN la! Cepat sikit! I tengah kejar masa!"... or you would say... "Eh Bang... Tolong sikit la...."? Example here is only small case. But, believe me... money is essential.
To be frank, with money, you can buy love, you can buy friends, you can even buy family... But are they sincere...? Or they just sincere to your "money"?
4th: Friends
"A friend in need is a friend indeed". Friends are the most important people when you're outside your house. How many of you have more than 10 true friends...? Means... when you call them for help, they would offer their help, instead of saying... "Er I am not free..." etc. I personally have few friends like this. My gang la... who else? Ask me whether I am satisfy? Of course I do. It's always better to have a true friend than 10 "just friend". =)
5th: Love...
Love... love is sweet, love is scary.. too. I won't deny that when I'm in a relationship love will go parallel with my family. But at this point of time... I just want to focus on my career. Regarding love... when fate comes, it comes. There's nothing I can do. Just let it be. =)
But honestly! I really wish that I can find someone who willing to support me in whatever that I will be doing. Listen to me when I'm frustrated, console me and cheer me when I'm sad, and of course, willing to share her happiness with me. Really have no idea when only can I meet the "right one"? I hope is the next one. ;)
Having ranked them... I would say that each of them are all important to me. Really no offence one to another yeah... hehe.
So... I've ranked for myself. What about you? If you think that this is not pointless, feel free to comment on this and tell me how you rank these for yourself. I really wish to have 2 ways communication instead of just reading what I'm writing. =)
Cheer Kok Fai!

3 comments:

-Kok Fai- said...

People I look forward to hear any response from you guys =)

Michelle Yap said...

To keep your ball rolling, here goes my ranking.

I'll rank
1) FAMILY
2) friends / love
3) love / friends
4) money
5) Career

To be honest, I can't really give like a strong ranking of no.2 or 3 to friends or love. Love right now are like friends I'm emotionally attracted, to.

True friends on the other hand also..are people whom we connect, and we have another kind of brotherly/sisterly feeling for each other.

Family is definitely first, as in my mom, dad and brother. They are the one that feed me from then till now. The way I looked like last time (FAT), shows how much they fed me well. hehe.

I do not place any much importance on money and career, cause in the end they will cause complications.

The more money you have, the more luxuries u want. U'll be greedy, and start unhealthy comparisons between luxurious goods owned. And being rich in malaysia, u'll fall prey to robbers/ kidnappers..loads of worries. Unless u hide ur money in the bank...kena tax also..and whats the use of having so much money and u cant enjoy it freely in our dangerous country? How bout the possibilites of 2nd or 3rd wife?

but this doesnt mean i dont like money. I love money, but being contented is the most important. like I would want to be in btwn the middle class income level to richie rich. hehe.

The better career u have, the less time I may have for my family in future and also a risk to the famous grapevine/office gossips/drama.

that sums everything &
I'm kinda not looking forward to that phase of life!! :<

-Kok Fai- said...

Michelle you have your points too.
I agree with you that money and career will cause complication, especially when you climb to a high position.

Aihh... why is life so complicated...? =\